Are you looking for a quick dinner meal? This meal is quick to make and does not require a lot of major ingredients! I was able to feed myself and my husband and have some for my 11 month old. This is my first time writing a recipe of mine out, therefore it definitely will not sound professional, but bare with me.
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 Tablespoons of Fajita seasoning (bought or homemade)
- Mini potatoes (roughly 30)
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 long cucumber
- 1 container of grape tomatoes
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 cup of mayo
- In a container, mix 1 cup of soy sauce with 1/2 a cup of honey and 2 tablespoons of fajita seasoning.
- With a fork, puncture the chicken breasts on both sides and place into the marinade sauce. Cover and put aside to marinade while you prepare the rest. (I typically let it marinade for several hours if I know in advance I will be preparing this meal)
- Cut the mini potatoes in half and place in salted boiling water. Roughly for about 6 minutes, until it has been almost cooked through.
- While potatoes are boiling, break the cauliflower into smaller bite size pieces and place into a bowl.
- Cut the cucumber into slices and then in half and place with the cauliflower.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half and place with the cauliflower and cucumbers.
- Dice the onion and add to the bowl.
- Mix in a cup of mayo and salt to taste. The salad is done.
- Remove potatoes from the boiling water and strain.
- Place back into the skillet or pan on medium heat and add the unsalted butter. Let the butter melt around the potatoes. Do not mix often to avoid breaking the potatoes.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, and salt based on your preference. Remove potatoes once they have become golden brown.
- While waiting for the potatoes to become golden brown, take the chicken breast and place onto a skillet at medium to high heat. Pour the marinade sauce over the chicken and cover to catch the steam and prevent the meat from drying out. Flip meat over after 10 minutes or once golden brown and cook other side.